• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Library takes more than 1.4 TB on my iMac.

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with Creative Cloud on my IMAc I faced synchronisation issues in the past. Recently my IMAc became extreemly slow and I found that the Lightroom LIbrary takes 1.4 TB of the hard drive. 

I'm considering deleting it and stop using the cloud en just use ;lightroom Classic. Any body with experience with this probelem and or recoomendations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this is apparently a very large catalog, does Optimize Catalog help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, a question I should have asked.

I made an assumtion you were talking about the catalog, but you state library, So, are you talking about the catalog, the .lrcat file, or the Folder containing the catalog AND the preview files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. It contained images which were part of a migrated catalog, which was not synchronized. Solved the issue with the support team after a long consultation and take over from my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please state the exact version of Lightroom. You talk about a "Library", not a "Catalog", so I assume that you do not use Lightroom Classic (this is the Lightroom Classic forum) but Lightroom desktop (the cloud version). The cloud version creates a Library.lrlibrary file, and if you store a copy of all originals inside that library it can indeed become huge. In the preferences you can change this, so you can either not save a local copy, or change the location of the copies.

Lightroom Classic creates a catalog.lrcat file, and there is no way that this file could become 1.5 TB in size. Not even if you break the record of 7 million images in one catalog. The entire catalog folder would only become that large if you have close to a million images in the catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines