Highlighted

Lightroom lost my folders

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Nikon raw photos in a folder that I know I have already edited in Lightroom because I created a jpeg folder and exported the edited photos to jpeg so I could post them on my website.  But now lightroom does not show that folder.  If I go into my catelog folder I have Catelog 2019 and when I try to open that catelog it get the message that Lightroom needs to upgrade my catelog.  I presume I did that at sometime in the past because I also have Catelog 2019-2 that I can open without the ungrade message, but all of my folders are not in Catelog 2019-2.  I several folders that are not appearing and I really don't want to filter and edit all those folders again.  Is there a solution? 

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom lost my folders

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Nikon raw photos in a folder that I know I have already edited in Lightroom because I created a jpeg folder and exported the edited photos to jpeg so I could post them on my website.  But now lightroom does not show that folder.  If I go into my catelog folder I have Catelog 2019 and when I try to open that catelog it get the message that Lightroom needs to upgrade my catelog.  I presume I did that at sometime in the past because I also have Catelog 2019-2 that I can open without the ungrade message, but all of my folders are not in Catelog 2019-2.  I several folders that are not appearing and I really don't want to filter and edit all those folders again.  Is there a solution? 

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on All Photographs and search for one of these files by file name, do you find the file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
gary_sc LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

If you inadvertently opened Catelog 2019 instead of opening 2019-2, processed the images, then later opened catalog 2019-2, those images will not show up becuase the 2019-2 doesn't know about those images.

It's possible to go back to 2019, and save out those images with the cataelog, then import 2019 catalog and images back into 2019-2.

Can you do that or do you need some guidance.

Good luck,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines