• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom metadata

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lately I have noticed that in export I find a different date between the RAW files, and the generated TIFs, and yet another on the jpegs exported by the TIFs. this thing before I swear it didn't happen, RAW, TIF and JPG all kept the same date, that of the shot. This creates problems for me. have you had the same problem, and do you have solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you looking at these Dates? If in the File Manager for your OS version, Finder for Mac and File Explorer for Windows, those are thje File creation dates and or the File Modified dates not the Image Capture dates.

In LR in the Metadata panel all the dates will be the same for the Capture date. and or Date Time Original and Date Time Digitized.

2020-02-25 06_40_58-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png2020-02-25 06_42_00-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

2020-02-25 06_43_04-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

As you see all the Capture dates are the same, date time original and digitized.

So stop using the File manager of your OS for this purpose. Use the tool that properly displays the info of your images, LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fine to use the file manager of your OS provided you are viewing the right metadata within that.

For example in Windows Explorer it is possible to show "date taken" as a separate column, distinct from the file modification dates. Other metadata fields can be viewed too - camera info, keywords, caption... since the format by which these things are included, is industry-standard (for a JPG).

(what metadata appears for a proprietary Raw file / DNG, and whether or not a preview image is seen, will depend on what specific support your OS offers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, the date was changed everywhere. i spent more than one hour with assistance on line, he understands nothing. Now I find the problem. somehow this export data had changed Screenshot 2020-03-02 22.02.05.png

and was setting on "copyright only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines