• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile Sync to Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Lightroom Mobile App I have reached the limit of 20GB of syncing iPhone photos to  'Albums' ('Collections' in Lightroom Classic). I am remote from my desktop computer and access to my monthly subscription Lightroom catalogue for a month. The sync warning told me to delete photos to free up sync memory. Deleting from 'All Photos' also deleted from 'Albums'.

Can the 20GB sync be increased in Classic? 

Can photos be deleted from Lr Mobile without 

deleting them everywhere in Lr?

Should I pause sync now and is there a solution once I return home to my desktop?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you increase the Web/Cloud storage space allotment? YES you can. Not sure how to do that in the Mobile app so google for an answer for that. But it will cost you an extra fee every months. Around $9.99 US a month for 1TB of storage space.

You need to Remove images from the LrM app and  Web system and the Cloud storage. You can Keep those images you remove from all those system on your Mobile Devices internal or external storage areas.

When you say Lr I don't know what Adobe program you are referring to.

Lightroom Mobile (LrM)

Lightroom Desktop (LrD) the REAL Computer program that gets install on your Desktop or Notebook COMPUTER.

Lightroom Classic (LrC). The Traditional version of Lr.

Which one are you asking about in your third line of questions above?

You only need to Remove the excess images from LrM on your mobile device and the Lr Web system.

Removing them on the mobile device should also remove them from the Web system. But I do not think they will be Deleted from your computer hard drive IF they have already been downloaded to your computer.

In any event if you store those removed images on your mobile devices storage media you will have a copy of them.

So basically you have 2 choices. Stop placing the images you take with your camera on you mobile device AND Even if you do copy/move them to your mobile device STOP Importing them into LrM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I spoke to Adobe support & decided to increase the sync memory to 1TB on a monthly basis for $9.99/month cancellable at any time. That will allow me to continue to take iPhone DNG file photos while traveling, process them & sync to Albums. When I get home in a month I can save everything to my Lightroom Classic Catalogue on my external hard drive(s) and cleanup my sync folder and then cancel the extra sync memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to CHECK THAT!!!!

AFAIK the add on 1TB subscription is for One Year!!! Not By the month. Although you are paying for it by the month. $x.xx Every month for One Year and needs to be Canceled before that one year is up or it will be Auto Renewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To My Knowledge the only Adobe subscriptions that are BY Month and can be canceled at any time are for individual programs, Possibly for the All Apps plan, and Cost More than the One Year subscriptions by several dollars, like $10 more a month.

So as above I would Check that you can Cancel at any time without a cancelation fee of 50% of the remaining subscription cost.

Of Course I could be Totally Wrong. So PLEASE Check that on your Adobe porfile Account page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I appreciate everyone’s concern. I have a confirmation email from Adobe stating the Cloud Files Storage of 1TB is $9.99/month & can be cancelled at any time. I did have to call Adobe Support to learn about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines