Lightroom not appearing at all - please help.

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm a creative cloud subscriber. I have installed the latest version of Lightroom classic and when I open it and go to the develop module, the presets tab appears on the left hand side as normals but when I click on it the arrow changes to a down facing position indicating the tab is opened but nothing happens. I can't even see the default presets that Lightroom usually includes. There are literally no presets. 

I am on PC. Have gone to Edit > Preferences > Presets and tried to import them. I can see they are imported but they are not showing. I have tried unchecking the partially compatible presets box and the other one about showing presets. I have tried every combination of checking and unchecking these boxes while saving and restarting Lightroom each time. None of it makes any difference. The presets do not appear. 

I have removed Lightroom and reinstalled it only to experience all the same problems. The presets are saved in the Develop Settings folder under presets...

What do I do? I have wasted over four hours for what normally takes about 2mins.
Thanks

Nat

TOPICS
Download and install, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the + and then Manage Presets.  What do you see?

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 4.16.53 PM.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Tony_See LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds very annoying for you so I hope this suggestion might help.

Complete Pref reset
Did you try a preferences file reset?
Please remeber that doing so may change preferences to defaults. It will probably cause LRC to forget the previously opened catalog, so pay attention to where your catalog is.
Laura Shoe (https://laurashoe.com) shows you how to reset Lightroom's preferences to resolve buggy behavior. Check out Laura's comprehensive Lightroom Worksh...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines