• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not displaying photo after using adjustment brush

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Starting a few days ago, I've weird problem with Lightroom. There was something wrong with the Creative Cloud servers which caused my programs to crash and CC had to be reinstalled (another friend, also a Mac user, had the same problems and error messages the same afternoon). Since then, Lightroom has been behaving strangely sometimes when I use the adjustment brush - doesn't happen EVERY time, but enough that it's keeping me from editing certain photos.

It goes like this: I make adjustments to a photo (maybe use a Preset, or just adjust sliders manually), then try to use the Adjustment brush. The brush doesn't work - no overlay is shown, no adjustments made. I switch to a second photo - Adjustment brush works fine. I switch back to the first photo, and the second photo remains on the screen. Navigator thumbnail changes, main photo does not. Restarting the program and computer do not resolve the issue. I have this issue on two photos, and even the first one from two days ago is still not displaying properly. I can export it though... This seems to happen only on first photo I try to use the Adjustment brush on for the day - after the first photo, the rest work fine.

Screenshot attached, where you can see the Navigator thumbnail is correct, but the displayed photo is different. Anybody else encounter this issue??

Lightroom Classic, 10.0 release, running on 2015 MacBook Pro, Catalina 10.15.7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to try is reset your preferences. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Tried following those steps and removed my Preferences file to reset it, restarted the computer. Did not resolve the issue, unfortunately =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Guess it isn't just on the first photo...happening on multiple photos that I've tried to edit today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please_Use_This_Button_to_insert_Images.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, sorry. Here's the screenshot: Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 10.45.53 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, still odd, in filmstrip, frame 1 selected, and that frame shows in navigator panel. But in loupe, frame 3 shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Odd, Navigator panel, selected filmstip image vs loupe

So looking at your attached screenshot. Odd.

The image in the loupe not the image selected? Not same as in Navigator panel?

Are your previews corrupt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previews work for other photos, and worked before I tried to use the Adjustment Brush. This seems to be happening to every few photos I attempt to edit with the Adjustment Brush. Haven't found any other fuctions that trigger this behavior, yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines