• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Not Printing My Edits - No Change

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's bizarre, it won't print my edits. I'm using a jpeg but it has happened w/ Tiff files too,

and no matter how dramatic my edits on the virtual copy or

the original ie: exposure and saturation --

the print comes out EXACTLY the same way (like the original) even 

though I can see the edits on the screen just fine. 

I tried exporting the file and re-importing back in but did nothng.

I am using Macbook pro catalina and LR classic 9.3 w/ an Epson Photo R2880.

I know my printer works so it has got to be something with the file. It is an 

old jpeg file (2015) but should this matter? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a test with a color reference image like this, after making a radical edit:

http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Most of my files do work and print with the edits just fine but some files won't take the edits. If the jpeg/tiff is corrupted how can I know? Is there anything I can do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd have to have access to one of the JPEG's to see what's going on with it. But it sounds like this is an isolated issue with a few documents and not LR itself. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes don't believe LR at fault and NOW it's not printing ANY file well so think it was just a slow decline of my printer and have taken it in to be serviced. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I got my printer serviced and it just needed a routine cleaning. When I got it back home nothing 

changed - it still wouldn't print the edits so tried from photoshop and the same. I tried a jpg instead of a tiff file and the same. 

I tried the original instead of the virtual copy and the same.

So for my last ditch effort I sent the file to my partner to print out and it 

printed out perfectly from the macbook pro (newer than mine)!! It's a 2019 -16"...

WTH???? I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013) w/ catalina 10.15. My lightroom and photoshop is up to date. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to update the driver on the printer on your machine. Color management often breaks if the system gets updated but the driver doesn't. Usually you need to delete the printer from the printers and scanners control panel and then install the new driver that you can usually doenload from the printer manufacturer website or gets downloaded by the operating system and readd the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That seems to have worked Jao! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines