• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not releasing VRAM

Mentor ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new GPU implementation for enhanced grid browsing among other, LR is now consuming all available VRAM resources and not releasing them when needed by other parts of the system. 
For example, i open LR and browse a few hundred images in the grid, after which LR has consumed 7 out of 8GBs of my VRAM. I then open Ps or a game or whatever and the performance of the other app takes a nosedive due to LR not releasing unused VRAM until i quit the app. 
Is this working as intended? Why does LR not release the VRAM when not being used?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your system information as Lightroom Classic reports it.

/Help/System Information/Copy/

Paste that in a reply, interested in info from first line down to just past plug-in info. Not interested in gobblygook after plug-in information.

In this new community page, consider clicking on the “Insert/Edit sample code” button (third button from the right on menu bar, looks like </>.  Place copied info in box, helps readability.

Avoid inserting the info as an attachment, just irritates members from old forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
We bugged this issue when 8.4 originally released. Adobe is aware of it, but many users are not. Lightroom is eating up all available VRAM simply by scrolling through the grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please offer info about your operating system so that other users can offer informed advice, it is possible to create a signature in your forum profile that will auto display with your posts. See the footer on my post, just a bit of relevant info.

I do not experience what you are describing with my system.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tested this issue? What utility are you using on your iMac to track VRAM usage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines