Highlighted

Lightroom not responding, it won't quit, force quit...just freezes

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I have a MacBook Pro.  I can't import files like I'm used to.  It imports about 5 out of 300, then stops.  I cancel task, then LR goes in to not responding.  It won't force Quit and when I turn off my laptop, I try again and the process repeats...  I'm so frustrated.  Please help.

Gibran Lucas ... please start a new thread and describe your problem in detail. Please also provide the information requested below

Adobe Forum.png

Topics

Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom not responding, it won't quit, force quit...just freezes

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I have a MacBook Pro.  I can't import files like I'm used to.  It imports about 5 out of 300, then stops.  I cancel task, then LR goes in to not responding.  It won't force Quit and when I turn off my laptop, I try again and the process repeats...  I'm so frustrated.  Please help.

Gibran Lucas ... please start a new thread and describe your problem in detail. Please also provide the information requested below

Adobe Forum.png

Topics

Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 19, 2015 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down the power button until the system turns off. You have other problems with your Mac, it isn't LR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2015 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a hardware problem to me. One possibility (out of many) is that the fans in your computer have malfunctioned causing your computer to overheat and crash.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2015 0
Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tammi Kopec wrote:

I have a MacBook Pro.  I can't import files like I'm used to.  It imports about 5 out of 300, then stops.  I cancel task, then LR goes in to not responding.  It won't force Quit and when I turn off my laptop, I try again and the process repeats...  I'm so frustrated.  Please help.

Doesn't sound like a hardware issue necessarily at all to me.

Please give some detail:

Which Lightroom version?

Which OS version?

You are attempting to import from where to where??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook air (mid 2012)

Lightroom CC (2015)

Mac OS 10.10.4

I have the same problem that Lightroom CC won't force quit (even from the Apple Menu)

I was working fine in it for two hours with photos on my hard drive. Then, while still in lightroom on my desktop, I went to edit a photo in my synced iphone folder (iphone was not plugged in) and it just "beach balled" for five minutes so I went to force quit the app. It said "app not responding" so I pressed force quit several times - to no avail...

All other apps were still running fine, even photoshop...

so I had to restart computer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2015 0
May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I had to restart computer

If you did this a few times, I highly recommend you run disk utility on your hard disk while booted in recovery mode. These lock ups and reboots tend to leave orphaned files and directory structure damage on your hard disk. You should restart the computer and hold down the command and R keys simultaneously until the apple logo appears. You'll get a screen where you can select disk utility. Select your internal hard disk and run "repair disk" on it. It is not unlikely that you'll find a few problems that you should let the disk utility repair. If the computer tells you it can't repair the damage to your disk (which it sounds you might have), you should reboot in single user mode and run "fsck -fy" from the command line. It's described here: Resolve startup issues and perform disk maintenance with Disk Utility and fsck - Apple Support and contrary to apple's info fsck fixes more problems than Disk Utility.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2015 1
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue. I've run disk utility. I'll try what jato vdL has suggested ... I'm curious if that worked for you, Tamko?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2015 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Windows 8.1, Lightroom 6.1.1, Lenovo y50 i7 cpu, 16 gb memory, 500gb SSD.  All 6 of 7 cpus running at 60 to 30 %. Lightroom running alone, after exporting one JPG file, it semi-froze (I could select other photos but could not edit or even add keywords to them). Clicked X to close window and nothing happens after that except CPUs still cranking.

It doesn't sound like hardware to me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2015 1
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Haven't run disk utility yet but the issue started since I have upgraded the Lightroom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2015 3