Lightroom not showing images in collections

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community

I was having issues with photos not showing up from the External Drive that holds all my images. My IT consultant tried resyncing but that didn’t work so he reimported all the photos again. More recently all the Collections I had previously created and worked really well now don’t have any images in them. Is there a way to get the images back into the Collections, from say a backup?

My consultant wonders if this is a Big Sur issue, would the time coincide with the OS upgrade?

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Sync

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which app are you using their are two Lightroom apps.

a. Lightroom Classic, present version 10.2.

b. Lightroom (cloud-based), present version 4.2.

Please state the actual version number you have installed?

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.2.3, LrC 10.2, Lr 4.1, Ps 22.3, Pr 14.8.0; Camera OM-D E-M1.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I guess you are working with with LrC classic. Just some info that pay help you reconstruct things to the way they were. First thing LrC Collections do not have image files in them it's just data stored in the Catalog file so the best way to recover that info is to restore the original Catalog or use the latest backup of the Catalog. The link below will provide info to help you reconstruct things.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-catalogs-top-10-misunderstandings/ 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/moving-lightroom-free-ebook/ 

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.2.3, LrC 10.2, Lr 4.1, Ps 22.3, Pr 14.8.0; Camera OM-D E-M1.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Denis

Thanks for this. Running Lightroom Classic 10.1.1. My IT consultant is looking into it all

Tom

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines