Lightroom not updating from 7 to 8

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom running on two Macbook Pros running High Sierra 10.13.6 and I can update on one of them. One is running version 8 and the other is running version 7. However, when trying to update on the latter there are no updates available.

I've tried a Cmd-Alt-R relaunch and prompted the Cloud to check for updates but it says I have the latest update.

I've tried all methods of troubleshooting including downloading another desktop version of LR CC to no avail.

Anyone got any suggestions? Apologies if this has been asked before.

Thank you in advance.

Del.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might sound rudimentary but have you tried switching your Mac off and restarting it to see if you can force the Adobe updater to find version 8?

It has worked for me more than once.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

Thanks for the reply.

Just tried restarting the computer and still having the same problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the creative cloud icon in the menu bar, log off your account (click on the thing that looks like a giant nose in a circle and hit sign out). Then Log back in. Now check for updates in creative cloud again. If it finds nothing scroll down the installed apps list and hover over Lightroom Classic and see what the version number that is installed is. It might be that you accidentally have two versions of the app installed (for example one on a backup drive) and you are starting the old version from the dock. Starting from the creative cloud app should start the latest installed version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is the version of your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.3, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And: Available updates not listed for Adobe Creative Cloud applications

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.3, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey troops,

Appreciate all the replies and the help.

So I spent this morning troubleshooting and trying out all the aforementioned options you supplied all to no avail. I even tried deleting the opm.db file and logging back in.

The only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling & reinstalling Lightroom CC for Desktop, but not really sure if that will make a difference.

Going to give it a shot.

Open to suggestions to try out anything else that worked for anyone with the same problem (or similar problem).

Thanks guys!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using LR CC (Cloud Centric version) or LR Classic CC? Two completely different programs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any moderators from Adobe that can access my computer remotely and help me with this issue? I'm paying for a service that is not working properly whilst running a business. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Del.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum does not have any real Adobe employees. For direct support you have to go through he support pages. It is hard to get a real person there.

Try the following. In the creative cloud app, apps section, find the entry for Lightroom Classic. Look at the popup to the right. Does it say update, install, or Open? If it says open, does it launch Lightroom 8? If it says install, host install and then hit open after it installed. If it said update do the obvious thing. If it says open and the button launches Lightroom 7, click the little triangle, hit manage, and uninstall the app. Then reboot your computer. Now go back into creative cloud app and install Lightroom.

There is a last nuclear option, which is to use Adobe's creative cloud cleaner app: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

This allows you to wipe the installation from your hard disk and you start over by downloading the creative cloud app and installing Lightroom from there. It should pick up the catalog you had before or you can point it to it and it should work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your computer that fails to show Lightroom Classic CC, open the Creative Cloud App and make certain you have it set to All Apps and not to Installed Apps under My Apps & ServicesScreen Shot 2018-12-04 at 9.55.15 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, currently not on a computer, so this will be a bit lacking in references (links), etc.

on the computer that the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App fails to shoe that an update exists, the problem is probably with the app just mentioned.

A couple of instructions exist over at Adobe on this, one gives five possible solutions, anther just list the fifth one. Some confusion exists about that solution. Other members will disagree.

getting to the point, possible issue with your copy/version of the Adobe Creative a Cloud Desktop App. Not with the other CC programs. To correct, uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, get on the web and download the newest copy, reinstall (the newest copy, not your old previous download)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I am going to try them all tonight and I'll let you know how I get on!

Appreciate your time!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said “them all”. Do you mean all the Creative Cloud apps?

NO....just the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app. Then download the latest one from Adobe and reinstall It.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines