• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not working after turning on Sync

Advisor ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom isn't working.  Per the screen shot, only some of my Collections are showing having photos in them, the rest without.  In addition, even when going to a Collection where there are photos shown as inside the Collection, the image is solid gray when clicking on Develop.  I assume this has something to do with turning on Sync, which I had not previosuly turned on?  I did this 2 days ago and waited overnight for all the images to Sync.  Lightroom told me it had.  But when I opened LR tonight there was a message that photos were Syncing in the top left corner above my name, and then it just froze.  I turned off Sync and exited, then restarted my computer, and still nothing.  Does anyone know what could be going wrong?  Thanks.Doc1-page0001 (24).jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Thanks for updating your post. It might have been a syncing issue however if syncing is off it most  likely is because the drive was offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you repost that screen shot and choose Largest size when  uploading? It doesn't need  to be in a document, you can up load  the screen shot  on it's own - this image is too small to see the details.

Are  your images store on an external hard drive? If yes is the drive connected? If you are seeing a gray image in the develop module that indicates that the original image  is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  After about an hour, when returning to LR last night, I saw that my Collections were appearing as normal, with images inside all of them.  I don't know if the issue was related to Syncing, but it seemed to be.  I don't think I really need to have Sync on as I never work on my images remotely, so I may just leave it off.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for updating your post. It might have been a syncing issue however if syncing is off it most  likely is because the drive was offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines