Highlighted

Lightroom on Mac OS Catalina can't import photos from camera or iPhone- can't find files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Help. After updating to Catalina on my Mac, Lightroom can no longer find/import photos using a USB cable (so nothing off the camera, card reader, or iPhone when connected). It can see them if I transfer them to my desktop first. I uninstalled and went back to an older version of Lightropm and that did not help. What is the fix? I need to load directly from a device into Lightroom.

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom on Mac OS Catalina can't import photos from camera or iPhone- can't find files

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Help. After updating to Catalina on my Mac, Lightroom can no longer find/import photos using a USB cable (so nothing off the camera, card reader, or iPhone when connected). It can see them if I transfer them to my desktop first. I uninstalled and went back to an older version of Lightropm and that did not help. What is the fix? I need to load directly from a device into Lightroom.

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 20, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic appears to be having problems with Catalina 10.15.2

Problems with external image sources connected via USB. Now, not so much for card readers, or external hard drives, but for cameras, smartphones, and such. Problems are not consistent from camera to camera.

This is not limited to teathering.

Workaround is to remove memory card and place in card reader.

This is also not limited to Adobe. (for example Fujifilm x-RAW Studio, can not see camera, no workaround)

Might be an issue at Apple, Might be waiting for next MACOS fix.

Not Adobe or Apple emlpyee, so no idea when. And not a lick of proof.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to look at

Outside of Lightroom Classic, in the MACOS, bring up System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select Privacy, scroll down to Files and Folders, for Lightroom Classic and while you are at it, a Photoshop, make sure all presented options are checked fir approval. Nite these options show up first when an attempt is made.

336883EB-25AD-4402-B25E-91082CCCE260.png

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The box in System Pref/Privacy that said Removable Volume wasn't checked. So I checked it and Viola! It worked. Super cool. Thanks so much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! Going into Privacy was the key for me. When I updated to Catalina, it must not have remembered to give Lightroom (9.2.1) permission to look at files. Thank you so much for this suggestion.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just logged in to say a big THANK YOU - this helped me import photos from a removable device! Much appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently this will be fixed in Catalina 15.3 (people testing the beta have confirmed that).

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just read all these Cant wait for catalina update then  So frustrating

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update to 15.3 was released last week...

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 1