• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom: Open as Layers in Photoshop, not working in latest version

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is suddenly not working with the latest updates and I use it most of the time - so a bit distressed

Could anyone help with this please ?

I have Creative Cloud and have installed all the recent updates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Greetings,

This issue should be fixed in the Lightroom Classic 10.2 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug Fixes

To update Lightroom Classic to 10.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi heathcliffe2,

Sorry that the "Open as layers" in Photoshop is not working in Lightroom after the recent app update. Could you please take a look at this discussion Lightroom: 'Open as Layers' in Photoshop doesn't work | Photoshop Family Customer Community  and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash - thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly.

I reinstalled both Lightroom and Photoshop and now it is back working -

perhaps my pc got itself into a tizz - I'm so relieved.

Many Thanks

Claire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up, Claire.

Glad I was able to help

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working. I have latest LR and Photoshop installed via CC and open to Layers may work the first time after opening both apps, but then on subsequent attempts it only opens one file. Very irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, today Adobe has updated PS, looks like it fixes the LR to PS issue

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the saem issue with Photoshop 21.2.1 and latest Lightroom Clasic. You would have thought this would be fixed by now..

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working fine on my system as it always has.

Your problem, as with all other in this year + old conversation, is with the install of either LrC or Ps on the individula systems and not a general failure of this feature working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suffering the same issue. 

I have reset preferences and

Reinstalled both LrC and PS. I have also used CleanmymacX to see if that would help performance if that was the issue. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't. These images are stored on an external SSD so I'll try moving them to the Macbook hard drive and see if that makes any difference.

Failing that, I may have to go to an older version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same problem this summer 2020, and I stil have the problem after reinstalling LRC and PS and resetting all my PS preferences (super annoying to lose all my shortcuts, and still no joy). It is absolutely crippling my ability to keep up with my workflow, which is composite photography for commercial and architectural photography. Literally a living nightmare, costing me time with my wife and son because I can't keep up with my work. 

Are there any other solutions besides reinstalling LR and PS and trashing presets??? I'm at the end of my rope. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same situation. This is very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same boat. Compositing for interior photography, and this has been a nightmare. I have uninstalled everything, re-installed, etc. 

Other things I have tried based on what I've gathered from others (but still haven't helped):

• Turning off Lens Corrections
  • Opening PS first (hahahaha)
  • Making more space on harddrive
  • Changing Scratch Disk
  • Reset Preferences 

There are many people experiencing this issue, so when are we going to get an ACTUAL fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yesterday's update did NOT fix it. Beyond frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the Tech Gods when you need them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug inside Adobe, there is as yet, not fix. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a new update today and it's STILL NOT WORKING!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Photoshop to 22.0.1 I haven't had issues doing Edit In or Open as Layers for 21 photos.  I did each several times with differnt  CR2 photos selected and it worked fine.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sure that would help but I have observed no changes on my end. When I reopen in photoshop, the image is flattened to one background layer instead of my working layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

This issue should be fixed in the Lightroom Classic 10.2 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug Fixes

To update Lightroom Classic to 10.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same issue after the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same issue after the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is with Lightroom CC, not classic. So this update does not address my issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KajiPhoenix Photography TBMK Lightroom does not have the function to "Open as Layers" in Ps.

You can only open each photo individually, then combine them in Ps. The 'Edit in Ps' command is greyed out when two or more photos are selected.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is TBMK Lightroom?

Lightroom Classic has this feature and I've been using it extensively until today when it opens Photoshop but never opens the photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me and I've done all updates. Is this something specific to running LR and PS on Windows? Really frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines