• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the difference between LR and LR Classic?  I have both on my Mac.  Am I able to delete one, and not lose my catalog?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do not work great on the same computer, but is ideal working with Lightroom Classic on the desktop and Lightroom on your laptop and mobile devices.

see the link below for more info.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/ 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a catalog already? If you imported images into Lightroom, then the catalog and the photos are in the cloud. If you imported images into Lightroom Classic, then the photos and the catalog are on your computer.

In both cases the application is separate from the catalog, so if you delete the app you won't lose your catalog, but you will lose the ability to view the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
LR classic is the version with your catalog. It is the son of the original Lightroom. The other version is the cloud version For unknown reasons, Adobe have picked up the option to get all their users confused in naming the new program with the same name. Destroy the cloud version.

Best Regards
Eric Pecquerie
Sent from my iPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines