• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Performance Very Poor on an HP Desktop Need some Advice

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Windows PC with the latest version of Lightroom Classic.

My PC is HP Pavilion 590-p0025, 16GB RAM with an "integrated" video card that has 2GB of memory.

I have my photos on a the SSD C-drive in a single catalog of about 5000 images. When I'm editing images I frequently get a "Not Responding" message in the titlebar.

I'm looking for some performance advice.

QUESTIONS:

1. I've found a video card on NewEgg.com that is compatable with my system but it is only 2GB. Will a 2GB card perform better than a 2GB integrated video card? Is this video card upgrade worth it at only 2GB?

2. Will I see better performance if I add more system RAM (32 GB) instead of a new 2 GB video card?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you do a lot of local adjustments on an image (brushing and/or spot healing)?

If the answer is YES, then upgrading the GPU will not help. (It might not help even if the answer is NO, but it depends)

In any event, adding more RAM will not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines