• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Permission and Preferences

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each time I launch Lightroom (Release 10.) I have to grant it permission to open. I have attached a screen grab.(Lightroom2) How do I change this?

My second question.When I go to Edit/Preferences/General/  and then make changes .e.g untick show splash screen, and untick show dialog when memory card is inserted.  If I close LR and then restart, I again have to grant permission and my changes in Preferences have now been restored.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

That is the Windows User Account Control setting. It may be set to High, to Restrictive, for your needs by default.

2020-11-12 10_09_36-Inbox - Gmail Edc45 - Mozilla Thunderbird.png

Set it to something lower and Test.

I have mine set to Never Notify. I can make my own choices as to what I do with "MY" computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.
2020-10-06 16_53_14-2020-10-06 - Adobe Support Community_Updated.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnis is more than likely an OS (Operating System) prompt to allow access to a part of the drive LrC is trying to access.

That would be an OS setting and not something, a Setting, inside of LrC.

Google change file, folder and drive permissions on The OS you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom1.jpgLightroom2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the Windows User Account Control setting. It may be set to High, to Restrictive, for your needs by default.

2020-11-12 10_09_36-Inbox - Gmail Edc45 - Mozilla Thunderbird.png

Set it to something lower and Test.

I have mine set to Never Notify. I can make my own choices as to what I do with "MY" computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I did that and it solved the permission problem,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines