• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIGHTROOM PHOTOS GOING MISSING.

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve recently purchased a new iMac and started using lightroom and photoshop. I import RAW photos to the iMac via an XQD card directly into Lightroom. Choose my photos (minimum of two photos), then open as layers in photoshop. Do my layer work, masking etc, then I have an action that flattens and saves the work. I open lightroom, the file is there, I finish editing with presets then start on the next set of photos.
After I go back into lightroom with the second photo the previous one disappears. I’ve changed filters, made sure it says all photographs, checked all the photos in folders, catalogs,  I’ve searched everywhere on my hard drive through finder, but they disappear. What on earth is happening?
(I searched for the answer on line and through this group, but couldn't find the answer). 
thanks in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I go back into lightroom with the second photo the previous one disappears.

Disappears from where? A folder? A collection? A smart collection? All Photographs?

What do you mean by saying that "I go back into Lightroom with the second photo"?

I’ve searched everywhere on my hard drive through finder, but they disappear. 

Did you search in Lightroom for it? Did you use your operating system's search feature or were you searching visually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I import to Lightroom, open as layers in photoshop then the saved edited photo is back in Lightroom. When I open further photos from Lightroom to photoshop and back with the new edited photo the previous edited one disappears from everywhere. I use finder to search and I've gone through every file folder individually. They appear to have gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you verify they are not stacked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to show us screen shots of what you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the most likely issuu, stacked photos, another issue is sorting order, how are you currently sorting? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Thanks for all the replies. The issue seemed to be when I've imported it directly from my XQD card, I read that Lightroom may have been trying to save the new edits to the card which was removed after importing. After a quick on line course I adopted a different system of where the files are stored. Everything's working as I hoped now, although I still don't know what was happening. I admit it may have been my error. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines