• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Lightroom Plugin SDK] Custom Metadata functions and logic

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I created a custom metadata plugin to simiplify some of the information for images in Lightroom. However, some of the fields are redundant, such as Creator and Copyright owner for example. Is there a way to use some logic or function to autofill other fields based on another?

Essentially, if I input the Creator information, I'd want the information to automatically copy and fill in the Copyright owner field, etc...

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

There is no way to accomplish this simply by defining a custom metadata tagset.

It would be possible to write a plugin that monitored the currently selected photo(s) and copied the creator to other fields whenever it changed.  But that would take a fair amount of SDK expertise to get right, since the SDK wouldn't make it easy.

Alternatively, you could use the Search Replace Transfer plugin to periodically populate the other fields from the creator. Not as convenient but it might get the job

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to accomplish this simply by defining a custom metadata tagset.

It would be possible to write a plugin that monitored the currently selected photo(s) and copied the creator to other fields whenever it changed.  But that would take a fair amount of SDK expertise to get right, since the SDK wouldn't make it easy.

Alternatively, you could use the Search Replace Transfer plugin to periodically populate the other fields from the creator. Not as convenient but it might get the job done.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John, thank you for the response. I just checked out the plugin and purchased it. At first it didn't work, but I had to tweak some of the code to get it to successfully update the custom fields. I've sent that update to the developer and hopefully can get a few more custom tweaks added. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines