Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom ppi problem on different page setup

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Im having a problem on Print Layout with my pictures. 

When I use a page A3, my picture fill whole page and its written on a corner of a picture that its 300dpi. This is correct when i count resolution of a picture.

The problem is when i try to put this same picture on a print A3 layout with to pictures on it. 
I have A3 page horizontal and inside on print layout 2 x A4 vertical oriented pictures. 

In this configuration on pictures i have info that its 240ppi

How its possible? 

Lightroom 5.7 and Pixma pro10s

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're using a preset, the resolution is part of the preset. Just change it. But, honestly, you won't see a difference between 240 and 300 in a print. Studies show that it's at 180 or below you can. Also there are a lot of print houses that do prints from 100ppi up. I've even printed 900X600 images from friends websites to demonstrate that they make acceptable (not amazing) 9X6 inch prints-yes, I gave them the prints. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines