Highlighted

Lightroom presets and library after Windows re-installation

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

recently I re-installed windows and after installing Lightroom Classic I am missing all my presets that I had before re-install. What is more, in library section I see only folders that are dated until February, so 5 months are missing! I was backing-up each time when I was asked to and still I am missing presets and folders, can anyone suggest any help?

Topics

Download and install, How to, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom presets and library after Windows re-installation

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

recently I re-installed windows and after installing Lightroom Classic I am missing all my presets that I had before re-install. What is more, in library section I see only folders that are dated until February, so 5 months are missing! I was backing-up each time when I was asked to and still I am missing presets and folders, can anyone suggest any help?

Topics

Download and install, How to, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you backup your Presets and Plugins before you re-installed Windows? (OS re-install may have deleted these folders!)

Did you backup the most recent Catalog to another drive?

Did you re-open Lightroom-Classic with a Catalog extracted from Backups? (might explain the 'old' catalog to February)

Re-installing the OS is like Moving to another computer, and the info at these links might help explain what was needed-

Move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/backup-lightroom-files/

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines