Highlighted

lightroom presets export from catalog files

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i must start a new request about that, why i have not found a answer...

i have a lot of catalog files on a external usb drive stored. a part of this catalog files are the information about the development settings of each picture. the settings (presets) are not stored on my windows pc... only in the catalog files.

is it possible to extract preset.xmp files out of my catalog files (without open each catalog and generate a preset manually? 

this is for restoring of all my settings in my actually lightroom installation.

greetings

Topics

Import and export, Presets or profiles, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

lightroom presets export from catalog files

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i must start a new request about that, why i have not found a answer...

i have a lot of catalog files on a external usb drive stored. a part of this catalog files are the information about the development settings of each picture. the settings (presets) are not stored on my windows pc... only in the catalog files.

is it possible to extract preset.xmp files out of my catalog files (without open each catalog and generate a preset manually? 

this is for restoring of all my settings in my actually lightroom installation.

greetings

Topics

Import and export, Presets or profiles, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presets are not stored inside the catalog file, they are stored in a central location. They can be stored with the catalog file however, and in that case you can move/copy them to that central location. Look for a 'Settings' folder inside the catalog folder(s). If you do indeed have such folders, then move/copy the presets to the central location: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic-file-locations/

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, preset settings are stored with the catalog file. When the user reload the catalog, lightroom restore all development settings from the pictures. This have nothing to do with the local copies of presets in the lightroom folders. these settings exist, also when you dont create a preset from them. 

my question is, if i can extract this settings from the catalog files without reloading all pictures and then save these settings as preset.xmp file?

maybe there is a special kind of batch software available?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> my question is, if i can extract this settings from the catalog files without reloading all pictures and then save these settings as preset.xmp file?

You can't create a preset or apply any edits to an image unless Lr Classic has access to it. So answer to your question is No!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, then you can give the information to the adobe developer to implement this in lightroom please

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. For feature requests, go to https://feedback.photoshop.com. Search for your feature request first. If it is already requested by someone else, then don't create a new thread but add your vote to the existing request.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0