• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Presets Manager

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm very disappointed in how to Manage Lightroom Presets, how can you make a Gropes and make sub folders let's say Gropes Name: name of the company and subfolders with the names of the creator?  is going to be fixed ??
Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot make subfolders. Lightroom only supports one level in the presets group. You can create a group when you create a new preset.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is going to be fixed, because it is not broken. If you'd like to suggest a new feature for Lightroom Classic, then do so at: https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't create a new thread, though. I'm sure this has been asked before. Find that request and add your vote.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use John Ellis Fix Presets plug-in manager to group presets into subfolders.

https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/fixpresets.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is not correct. The only thing that John's plugin does is reinstate the link between preset groups in Lightroom and preset folders on disk, like it was prior to Lightroom Classic 7.2. But you are still limited to one hierarchy level. What the OP wants (preset groups per company and then subgroups per creator) is still not possible and never was possible.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you can't make nested groups (folders), you can arrange the groups into clusters, which are separated by grey lines in the Presets panel:

johnrellis_0-1621187259883.png

See here for details on how to do that:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/dividing-presets-into-clusters/m-p/11345754/highlig...

For nested groups, please add your constructive opinion to this particular feature request:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-respect-hierarchical-folder...

and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, on your wesite I see this:

Fix Presets is a free plugin that works around a number of limitations and bugs in Lightroom’s Develop presets, most of which were introduced in Lightroom 7.3:

• Make the subfolders on disk containing the presets’ .xmp files mirror the groups of presets shown in the Preset panel. If you change a preset’s group in the Preset panel, Lightroom will not move the .xmp file into the corresponding subfolder.
  • Make the Preset panel’s groups match the subfolder structure of the presets’ .xmp files on disk, using nested subfolders if you want.

I'm confused, what does the above bolded text plugin feature actually do inside LrC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

The web page is deficient in describing it, though the plugin itself is more specific:

johnrellis_0-1621194545572.png

So if you create a parent folder My Company with subfolders B & W, Color, and Film, the groups created in the Preset panel will be top-level groups named

My Company > B & W

My Company > Color

My Company > Film

Obviously it's a palliative, but some number of users have found it useful (it was suggested by a user).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thank you for the explanation. It's not what the OP is lookin for, but still may be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines