• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom presets not showing up (Tried everything)

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out to the community because I'm having quite the problem with lightroom at the moment, since I'm working on external hard drives, I have multiple folder for my hardrives directly set into lightroom. And I kept seeing some of my presets disappearing when I switched folder, meaning, I don't have the same presets depending on which hardrives I'm working on... I've tried everything and I could really use some help at the moment.

• I've tried deleting them from the folder in my computer manually then adding them again.
  • Checking/unchecking the "save with the catalog" function.
  • Creating new folders in lightroom and importing them this way after deleting my presets from my lightroom & Camera Raw folders.
  • Going back to an older version of lightroom and updating it again, which FINALLY WORKED... For a minute, then my presets disappeared again.

Does anyone have any idea what to do ?

I have tons of pictures to edit in the next 3 days and I'd really need some help right now.

Thanks in advance,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To suggest an answer will require some more details from you.

Please post details (screen-clip) of your Lightroom System Info.   LR Menu: HELP > SYSTEM INFO...

Is your Catalog on an External Drive ?

What is the current state of the Presets Preferences option "save with the catalog" ?

What file-type are the photos you are editing in the Develop module?  (proprietary raw,  jpg, dng, etc)

The presets you "deleted"- were they .LRTEMPLATE or .XMP type files?

I cannot understand why there would be a reason for "presets disappearing when I switched folder".

You are talking about PRESETS  and not PREVIEWS- right?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,thank you for such a detailled response. Here are my Lightroom information system. And my catalog is stored on my computer and not on the external hardrives (should I change that ? )

Lightroom INFO SYST.PNG

Catalog settings.PNG

Current setting of "save presets with the cataog" is unchecked.

ALL of my presets are .XMP (created them in lightroom myself)

And here is where it clicked, I always edit RAW files but sometimes I retouch JPG images for a client and that's when the presets disappear, but not all of them, just my Users presets, the other presets folder remain untouched eventhough the only difference is that they're in separate folder.

Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are complications with presets since the conversion to xmp type presets. One 'simple' explanation is that a Preset that checks  the box for "Treatment & Profile" will only work for raw images , and will disappear from the preset list when editing a JPG.

From the link  Lightroom Classic: Presets including raw profiles are sometimes available for non-raws, sometimes no...

"Presets including enhanced raw profiles are not visible for non-raws (Adobe Color, Monochrome, Landscape, Neutral, Portrait, Vivid)"

johnrellis​ is the guru on this topic!

And to quote John-

"A workaround is to modify the preset to uncheck Treatment & Profile so that the enhanced profile isn't included.  But unfortunately, yet another preset bug makes that impossible when the preset includes any of the Color settings:"

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/automaticly-checking-treatment-profile-box-wh...

The workaround in that case is to remove the Treatment & Profile from the presets using the free Fix Presets plugin.

"And my catalog is stored on my computer and not on the external hardrives (should I change that ? ) "

I do not think that is necessary. It will not change the Preset problems, and the catalog should work faster if it remains located 'internally'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you storing your catalog on or off your PC internal hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines