• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom presets/profiles linked folder name

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought some presets for Lightroom and saved them in a folder with a name, however, in Lightroom they appeared in a folder with the name of the developer, also in addition to how presets appear as "color profiles", I would like to know how it is done this, how to make my own presets appear in Lightroom as a profile and presets at the same time, and how to make them be linked to a folder with the name I want, regardless of whether someone later copies them to a folder with another name , as I did in this case.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not very clear to me what is actual problem. Can you post screenshot with problem? Where is your folder with presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I bought some presets for Lightroom and saved them in a folder with a name, however, in Lightroom they appeared in a folder with the name of the developer"

This is because the preset's group (what LR calls a preset folder) is recorded in the .xmp file itself.  You can move a preset from one group to another by right-clicking it in the Presets panel and doing Move; or you can drag-and-drop the preset to its new group. 

Alternatively, you can right-click the preset and do Show In Finder / Explorer and then edit in a text editor these lines in the .xmp file:

<crs:Group>
    <rdf:Alt>
        <rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">User Presets</rdf:li>
    </rdf:Alt>
</crs:Group>

If you have a large number of presets to change, you can use the free Fix Presets plugin.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"how to make my own presets appear in Lightroom as a profile and presets at the same time"

Profiles and presets are different beasts: 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/camera-profiles/

But you can make a profile that includes the settings of a preset.  You make profiles using Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop: 

https://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotography.com/blog/2018/5/how-to-create-creative-profiles-for-lightro...

(Note that there a number of Develop settings that can be included in presets but not profiles.)

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines