Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom Presets

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to clean up my preset folder. I hate how it lists them individually. I want to put folders like this

Adobe lightroom presets

XYZ presets

Simple presets

Then if I click on folder then the different presets will come up from that particuliar author of the presets.

I have attached screenshot of how it looks like now.  I want it cleaner. I come from a PC background but surely Apple has solved this?

Thank you,

LueyDScreen Shot 2020-02-09 at 7.21.09 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

You can create as many different "user" groups as you want/need to, then you can drag and drop the individual presets in the User Presets group into the new groups as desired. What you can't do is create hierarchies of groups (i.e. parent groups with sub-groups). To create a new group is a bit fiddly, as the user interface is only accessible during the "Create Preset" option when clicking on the "+" at the right-hand side of the Presets panel header. Then select "Create Preset" and in the result

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create as many different "user" groups as you want/need to, then you can drag and drop the individual presets in the User Presets group into the new groups as desired. What you can't do is create hierarchies of groups (i.e. parent groups with sub-groups). To create a new group is a bit fiddly, as the user interface is only accessible during the "Create Preset" option when clicking on the "+" at the right-hand side of the Presets panel header. Then select "Create Preset" and in the resulting dialog click on the "Group" box and select "New Group". Give the new group a name and click on Create. Continue to create the (dummy) preset and the new group will then appear. Repeat as needed until you have your groups established, then back in the Presets panel you can drag and drop your existing presets out of the User Presets group and into the appropriate new group. Once that's finished you can delete those dummy presets that you had to create in order to establish the new groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you. I knew there was a way:) I'll try this

LueyD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It worked after I reread this a million times. I had the greatest DUH moment ever.....Thank you again

LueyD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is a different question. You seem to know alot so here it goes.

I have several personal sky images I'd like to load into Lightroom to use sometime in the future. How do I do that? Can I do that? 

Thank you, 

Lueyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean by "personal sky images". If they are simply pictures of the sky that you've taken, then you just import them into Lightroom like any other pictures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes I have taken these however I do not wish to import to process, I want to bring in to use. Layer it? Maybe I have to do it Luminar/Photoshop? They are all JPG's. I took them sometime ago and was hoping in some way I could use them.

Thank you for responding,

LueyD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, by "use" I assume you want to be able to use them as alternative sky backgrounds, i.e. replacing the background on existing images with the different sky background? In which case, that's not a job that Lightroom Classic can do, for that you would use Photoshop (which of course is available to you as part of your subscription).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines