Highlighted

Lightroom prevents USB C port from working

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Lightroom installed on my Dell XPS 15 9560 (Windows 10). The USB C port has stopped working for some time. Recently, I temporarily uninstalled Lightroom. I noticed that the USB C port worked again without any problems. When I reinstalled Lightroom, all functionality of the USB C port was lost again. Connected devices are not recognized / displayed. As soon as Lightroom is uninstalled again, the connected devices are recognized fine. No restart is necessary for this. It also makes no difference whether Lightroom is open or closed.

What could be the reason for this and how can the problem be solved? Why does the installation of Lightroom deactivate all functionality of the USB C port (all other connections work normally)? Is this bug already known?

Topics

Bug, Download and install, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom prevents USB C port from working

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Lightroom installed on my Dell XPS 15 9560 (Windows 10). The USB C port has stopped working for some time. Recently, I temporarily uninstalled Lightroom. I noticed that the USB C port worked again without any problems. When I reinstalled Lightroom, all functionality of the USB C port was lost again. Connected devices are not recognized / displayed. As soon as Lightroom is uninstalled again, the connected devices are recognized fine. No restart is necessary for this. It also makes no difference whether Lightroom is open or closed.

What could be the reason for this and how can the problem be solved? Why does the installation of Lightroom deactivate all functionality of the USB C port (all other connections work normally)? Is this bug already known?

Topics

Bug, Download and install, How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's odd, I can't explain this. There's certainly no reason why Lightroom would disable a port, it simply uses your operating system to access ports, drives, files etc. so there's no reason to even expect that there is code in Lightroom to disable a port.

Please clarify if you are using Lightroom or Lightroom Classic. Please specify the exact version NUMBER.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Events viewer for errors when this happens.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines