• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom prevents USB C port from working

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Lightroom installed on my Dell XPS 15 9560 (Windows 10). The USB C port has stopped working for some time. Recently, I temporarily uninstalled Lightroom. I noticed that the USB C port worked again without any problems. When I reinstalled Lightroom, all functionality of the USB C port was lost again. Connected devices are not recognized / displayed. As soon as Lightroom is uninstalled again, the connected devices are recognized fine. No restart is necessary for this. It also makes no difference whether Lightroom is open or closed.

What could be the reason for this and how can the problem be solved? Why does the installation of Lightroom deactivate all functionality of the USB C port (all other connections work normally)? Is this bug already known?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's odd, I can't explain this. There's certainly no reason why Lightroom would disable a port, it simply uses your operating system to access ports, drives, files etc. so there's no reason to even expect that there is code in Lightroom to disable a port.

Please clarify if you are using Lightroom or Lightroom Classic. Please specify the exact version NUMBER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Events viewer for errors when this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David. I do not see anything special in the events viewer. Is there something in particular I should be looking for? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been 5 weeks since I have asked this question and the bug still occours. I have tried Lightroom 9.3 as well as 9.4. Both version show the same bug. As long as Lightroom is installed (not even executed) I can not use my USB C Port. 

This is really ridiculous! I pay a lot of money for this software and I would hope that it does not disable my hardware for unknown resons....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What type of devices are you trying to plugin to the USB C port?

Try changing the below LrC Preferences setting, restart LrC, and then close LrC. Try using the USB C port again.

Edit>Preferences>General Tab.....uncheck the option to "Show import dialog when a memory card is detected".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines