Highlighted

Lightroom previews RAW files correctly, then after loading displays colours that are not in the file

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I started editing photographs I took in February I noticed that LrC will show previews in what is the expected colouring, then after loading the file it will look like the example I am posting. Strangely though, the file in  a different program has the proper colouring (without the stripes). Whatever did Adobe do in one or more of the updates that went past my MAC? I dread using LrC, it used to be my favourite program.Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 21.42.14.png

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom previews RAW files correctly, then after loading displays colours that are not in the file

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I started editing photographs I took in February I noticed that LrC will show previews in what is the expected colouring, then after loading the file it will look like the example I am posting. Strangely though, the file in  a different program has the proper colouring (without the stripes). Whatever did Adobe do in one or more of the updates that went past my MAC? I dread using LrC, it used to be my favourite program.Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 21.42.14.png

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 19, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a corrupted file, caused by a hardware malfunction somewhere. The reason the image appears fine at first is because it is displayed an embedded JPG in the RAW file, which is often un-corrupted while vthe raw image is corrupted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a corrupted file why do I look at a perfect RAW file in another program?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 1
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the other programs are also showing you the embedded JPG.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2020 0