• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Print Module ppi is incorrect in "custom package" setting

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! So I'm printing through the Lightroom Print module, and I seem to have found a bug that may or may not impact that quality of a print. 

When using the "single image / contact sheet" option, the ppi shown in the resolution in the top left corner is correct mathematically based on the size of the print and resolution of the image. (2498x3533) (A4) 

However, when using the "custom package" setting and creating a cell of the exact same length and width, the ppi in the corner shows nearly 100ppi less. I wanted to create a custom package of 2 A4 images printed on A3 so I could cut them in half, but any custom package that I create tells me the ppi is abyssmally low and not good enough quality to print. 

Also worthy to note is that when I tick the box for "zoom to fill" the colours of the picture on the monitor change wildly though I'm happy to note that these random changes are not carried over into the print. Any ideas what's up with this?

I have not found a single post about the ppi glitch so I guess I'm that guy!

Attached images show the ppi discrepency

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can duplicate this behavior.  The Single Image/Contact Sheet ppi is different from Picture Package and Custom Package ppi's

Picture or Custom Package

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 9.58.27 AM.jpg

Single Image/Contact

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 9.58.36 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I edited my previous post as I had the photos switched. 

Doing a hand calculation, th Single Image/Contact Sheet ppi is correct and the Picture/Custom Package ppi's are incorrect.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines