Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom printing bug

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm having a problem when printing from LRC to a Canon pro1000. When I try to print a 9x13 inch image on 17x22 inch paper, the image isn't center and it is 8x10 and all the way at the top of the page. Also, in the wrong direction-horizontal not vertical. Furthermore, the image is cropped in half.  I have restarted LR, restarted computer, restarted printer.  Always the same result.  Again, it I print small, I don't have this issue.  I'm wasting money on papper

and ink. I've read that other people have experienced this issue. What's the fix?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Which version of LrC are you using?
  • When you say other people has experienced this problem, do you mean with that Canon or the size?

Have you checked out Print Photos from Lightroom Classic? There are several steps and options starting with making sure you have the right paper and orientation in Page Setup.

If you can, post images of your Print options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me,

I'm using LRC 10.2. 

ive read on other forums that people have experienced this printing issue with LIghtroom. 
I don't think it is a canon issue. But perhaps it is. 

I've attached a screen image just before printing and an image of the print. 

not only did the image not print centered but it isn't the size 10x13 I set.  It printed 8x10 and 

AND it printed horizontal and cropped. The printed image is only a portion of the total image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't see the Print Panel settings you were using in the first image.

First of all, when you are in LrC Print, your image does not have a physical dimension size, only pixel dimensions so I'm not sure what you are referencing when you say ".. try to print a 9x13 inch image". I assume that's the size on the 17x22 paper you want.

Attached is an illustration I hope helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for you time in sending the pdf of LRC printing.  Using this I was able, finally, to make the 9x13 on 17x22 print. 

I'm very grateful for you help.  

I have one other issue perhaps you or another LR user can address:  images in print mode are darker than in develop mode.  Therefore, when I set all my levels, then go to print, I get a darker, less colorful image than I see on my computer screen.  

I have calibrated the screen.  I don't have this issue with darker prints when I print image that isn't in light room, say one captured from internet or from other source on my desktop. 

reminder I'm using LC 10.2 and a Canon pro1000 printer. 

thanks in advance for any help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help.

I'd suggest you check the forum because I think difference in colour between Develop and Print was discussed recently. If I remember correctly, Print does not render the same.

I'd be comparing the printed version to the Develop. Develop will always appear lighter since it is generated light as opposed to the reflective of a print.

If you cannot find an answer, post a new question to make sure it gets the attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines