• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Program Settings in Windows 10

Participant ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep my Lightroom catalog and original images on an external HD. However, I've noticed that when I right click in the left side panel and select go to the Panel End Marks I am taken to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\. My question is how do I get Lightroom to use the Panel End Marks folder on my external HD? When I go to Edit>Preferences>Presets I have Store Presets with this catalog selected and when I select Show Lightroom Develop Presets and All Other Presets I am taken to the folders on the external HD. Any suggestions are appreciated.

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That allows you to store a custom end mark. Thebpath shown, is one of many system locations odds and ends are kept. This has nothing to do with presets.

see: https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2012/06/how-to-make-a-custom-end-panel-in-lightroom.html

By the way, probably 95% think saving presets with catalog is a bad idea. If you will never ever use a different cstalog, no big deal. If you do create another catalog, then an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, no disrespect meant, I don't care what 95% of people think. I want my presets stored with my catalog as I don't plan in using more than one catalog and if I ever change the name of my catalog I will make the appropriate adjustments. Although, many think it's a bad idea, apparently Adobe doesn't or they probably wouldn't offer the option as long the user is aware of the possible ramifications.

I would think it is possible to the use to change the default location of the End Marks Folder since it is possible to change default location of presets. Doesn't make sense the presets location which includes Metadata presets and Identity Plate informaton can be kept with catalog but the not the End Marks Folder.

Thank you for your response.

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually it is not possible to change the default location of the presets.

There is no drive & folder option in the LrC preference, on the Preset tab, to select a different location for any of the preset.

I posted this in another conversation just the other day.

Sure you can store your preset with the catalog that places them INSIDE the catalog file as far as I know. And I don't think it does it for all presets since the resent updates for the Raw Defaults setting. Not really sure as I have never used that option and have never really read up on it.

2020-06-22 06_21_13-LR Classic V9 Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't change the path to the "Panel Endmarks". It is hard Wired into the program.

The only thing you can do is Copy your Custom Endmarks to the proper folder LrC is wired to use.

I personally have that option turned off as I so no need for panel endmarks. They just take up screen real estate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I guess it's a personal decision whether to use end panel marks as it a personal decision to use identity plates. Each to their own.

Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines