• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom put images of a given date in different folders...

Participant ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just imported images from iPhone into Lightroom and images of a given date were put into different (dated) folders.

I checked the EXIF and that says that those images were all taken when they actually were. Why then did Lightroom put them in four different folders?

To clarify, I have eight images that were taken on January 6. Five were put in the2020-01-06 folder, one was put into the 2020-01-08 folder, one into 2020-02-25, and one into 2020-03-10. That is just one example. Many of the 187 images in that import session were handled similarly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshooting steps:

1. Copy/paste here the first ten lines from Help > System Info.

2. Are you importing from the iPhone via a USB cable? There are long-standing bugs with capture date when importing via USB cable.

3. Upload a couple of the misfiled photos to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. We can examine the metadata closely to see if this is a previously known bug, a new bug, or specific to your installation, and we can suggest a workaround.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. Since my original post, I realized those photos were taken with two different apps, one being Lightroom mobile.

I want to simplify the troubleshooting by first testing using one app only to shoot with. I'll get back to this thread after I have done that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"one being Lightroom mobile."

Past versions of LR Mobile have had problems syncing capture dates from the mobile app on iPhone to LR Classic:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-classic-sync-from-iphone-lr-sets-in...

Further, fundamental architectural defects in the way LR handles capture dates have caused a stready stream of bugs with respect to capture date and filing photos in dated folders. You could be tripping over one of these bugs (that may have already been reported or not).

So double-check you have LR Classic 9.2 (Help > System Info) and your LR Mobile are up-to-date.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines