• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Quality down the pan

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom classic more or less since it was released. Each release it gets slower and more buggy, somehow in the face of hardware getting faster and faster. Sync is broken. Files don't sync a good portion of the time or get stuck. Some photos refuse to sync at all no matter what. HDR panoram assembly hits a wall when using many images. There are destructive bugs that cause work to be reverted. Some edits don't show in history, so when edits are reverted the stack being executed out of order. These are bugs that can cause hours of lost time.

When lightroom crashes (which is frequently) it can't be restarted thanks to a lock file. The panel hide button is huge, wastes space, and right next to the scroll bar. On a high DPI screen it's infuriating, especially since lightroom takes 5-10 seconds to redraw the screen after an expand or collapse. 

Dear Adobe. I care nothing about cloud. Cloud is an abortion. I don't care about editing horrible quality proxy images with no detail in the blacks and compression/quantization artifacts all over the place. Fix Lightroom or I will cancel my subscription. I only kept Photoshop around for the 32 bpc color support and only pay for lightroom because Apple killed Aperture. If you don't care about your products and don't fix your many, many bugs in Classic, I will cancel my subscription. There is better software out there now, even open source software has eclipsed your laziness, and that's generally a low bar.

My husband is a sotftware developer and had to use Lightroom for a few days. I've never heard him swear so much at a computer program. "How do you tolerate this... It's unusable" he told me, and he's right. I'd become numb to it since the degredation in quality had been so gradual, but now I can't ignore it anymore. Please pay some attention to Classic or you will lose customers. Lightroom Classic was once good, but it's become unreliable and there are better options out there now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?