• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom "Catalog too new to be used by this version" Error

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife just recently bought a new harddrive. She had lightroom 2, but she can't remember  which version 2 she had (2.2, 2.4 etc...). I downloaded 2.7 but we can't open any of catalogs and just keep getting an error saying that the catalog was created in a newer  version of lightroom. She didn't update Lightroom and I can't see any versions beyond version 2.7 (except the newer versions 3, 4, 5, etc, but she only has a license for version 2). I don't know how to fix this and she needs to get access to her catalogs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Lightroom Classic — The desktop-focused app​

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry to hear about the catalog error, the Catalog is too new error generally means that the Catalog was created in a later version of Lightroom and Newer catalogs are not backwards compatible.

Please check this forum thread and let us know if it helps: Lightroom 6 Catalog Too New

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keep getting an error saying that the catalog was created in a newer  version of lightroom

This error message is usually correct, so the catalog is most likely created in a newer version – version 3 or higher if you are using any version of LR 2. The error message would only appear for an LR 2 catalog if you tried opening it in version 1.

Please go to Help > About Lightroom to verify the version you have installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lightroomfrustration  wrote

My wife just recently bought a new harddrive. She had lightroom 2, but she can't remember  which version 2 she had (2.2, 2.4 etc...). I downloaded 2.7 but we can't open any of catalogs and just keep getting an error saying that the catalog was created in a newer  version of lightroom. She didn't update Lightroom and I can't see any versions beyond version 2.7 (except the newer versions 3, 4, 5, etc, but she only has a license for version 2). I don't know how to fix this and she needs to get access to her catalogs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

{Thread renamed by moderator}

I doubt very much that your wife was using Lightroom 2. That is a museum piece! It is ancient. Where did you download that anyway? We are currently at Lightroom (Classic) 8, which is subscription based. The last perpetual license version was Lightroom 6.14, and the error you are getting indicates that her catalog was indeed used with a more recent version.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines