• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Re-ordering My images Within Collection???

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been dealing with a frustrating issue the last couple of months and can't seem to figure it out.  When editing a big project (1000+ images) I create a collection with my selects, and then as I go through and finish the edits, I star and color code them.  After everything is finished, I go through to check the custom ordering of images before I export, and have been finding that Lightroom randomly has moved specific images around within the collection.  They are usually (but not always) images that I have color coded Red - and its not ALL reds, just a couple here and there which have been moved around.  That random re-sorting doesn't seem to follow any pattern I can see - ie they are not getting moved due to filename, capture time, etc.  Just a few oddballs moved around here and there throughout the collection.  Never encountered this issue in many years of using LR.  Is this a bug or am I causing it somehow?  Any help greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a discussion going about custom sorting where Lightroom does have a limit on it. 

It was 52 changes,  but was extended, however it still has limits close to what you're suggesting. 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-major-bug-with-custom-sort-order

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for letting me know this is a known bug Sean. I can imagine I'm not the only one for whom custom ordering within a collection is not only a convenience but a professional necessity.... While I'm glad its a known bug I hope that Adobe will hop on it with the next LR release. It creates many unnecessarily frustrating hours of work for me with every project that I complete. Cheers, BB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines