• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom removed all my photos from the folders despite numbering how many are in them.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally moved my Lightroom Catalog to Google Drive, and now that I returned it to my local disk, Lightroom cannot locate any photos in any of my folders.

All the photos are on my external harddrive as per usual, but Lightroom cannot seem to synchronize them back into Lightroom, (there are no question marks etc. next to any photos, they are simply not there to be found).

When I click "Sychronize Folder", the loading bar stays empty for hours on end with no progress. 

Can someone help and explain what is going on?

Thanks a lot.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 2.41.57 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens in Grid View if you right click a thunbnail and select Show in Explorer? (Windows)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I think the OP is saying is that relinking the files isn't the issue.  There are no (!) symbols displayed on the thumbnails. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I accidentally moved my Lightroom Catalog to Google Drive, and now that I returned it to my local disk, Lightroom cannot locate any photos in any of my folders."

You moved the Catalog file (not the photos) to Google Drive, and then back to your local disk? Is that correct?

I cannot imagine how this moving of the catalog file can cause folders now to appear empty that did not appear empty before all this happened — unless there are other steps performed in this process that haven't been mentioned (are there?).

Synchronize folder will not do anything. Forget about this in this situation.

Perhaps, maybe, its possible (although I'm still not understanding how the same catalog now has zero items in a folder) that the Update Folder Location command will help here, which is indeed described in the link from DavidG.

But it really seems to me that this catalog with zero items in the folder IS NOT THE SAME CATALOG as the one you think it is. Please search all of your hard disks for files whose name ends with .LRCAT and open each one in Lightroom Classic until you find the catalog you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to elaborate, I know (or 99% sure know), that this is the correct Lightroom Catalog, because it is completely up to date on the surface, (meaning that the newly created folders from the previous import are there). The older catalogs are completely out of date. 

Lightroom was working perfectly find until I did the stupid move of dragging everything from "Pictures" in Finder to the "Google Drive" tab in Finder, so that when I opened up Lightroom, it couldn't find the catalog. So at that point, I re-dragged and dropped the catalog back into "Pictures", so it would be saved locally and not on the cloud. 

Currently, when I go through finder to look at my hard drive, everything seems completely normal. Everything. The issue is when I open Lightroom, that it recalls how everything was last I properly used it, though not a single picture is in any folder. I tried synching and nothing happens. There has to be a reason, I just can't figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you can try restoring a recent backup of the catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes DJ-Paige has a great thuoght about trying a recent back up (from before you moved the catalog t0 Google drive.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, why I click "...More", a thing white bar pops up with nothing to click. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"For some reason, why I click "...More", a thing white bar pops up with nothing to click."

I am getting this error occasionally too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an example, you'll notice the folder "Bern" has 42 photos in it, (which is true on the hard drive), but when I click it, it says "0 photos"

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 8.58.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on "All Photographs". Search for one of these photos under "All Photographs" by file name. Once you find it, right-click on it and select "Go to Folder in Library". What folder in the Folder Panel is highlighted? (you may need to scroll up or down in the Folder panel to find the highlighted folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Micahwinston, please state the version number of your operating system and the version number of your Lightroom Classic. We need the version number and not words like "up-to-date" or "current".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That filled in triangle, indicates sub folders, how about expanding that to see the sub folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines