Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom reverting all changes made to photo when using adjustment brush

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

I've been grappling with some LR Classic issues lately that I just can't seem to fix on my own. I'm doing some heavy adjustment brush edits on this one picture (removing all saturation except in some specific spots) when all of the sudden out of nowhere the picture reverts back to the original and removes the adjustment brush layer. It happens when I remove parts of the mask. I can get back to the previous (masked black and white) stage using the history tab, but when I  continue with my editing, I run into the same problem. 

It's incredibly frustrating as I've spent hours editing this picture and almost got done until I ran into this problem. I really hope you can help me. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you removing parts of the mask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the alt button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First there ios NO Adjustment brush Layer. There are No layers at all in Lightroom, either version Classic or the Cloud Centric version.

So I'm not sure what program you are using.

Also, as above, how are you removing what you are calling a Mask? There is an Auto masks on LR Classic's adjustment brush. But that isn't really a Mask in the real sense (se some of the online tutorials on how it works and how to use it. Then there is an Overlay feature that shows you where you have brushed by coloring the brushed area in a red overlay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

k -> decrease saturation for adjustment brush (don't like the overlays) -> alt to remove. Thought that was evident despite the non fancy-lingo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lesson learned from previous members issues with adjustment brushes is they accidentally click or I should point in the Baisc Panel as opposed to the Adjustment Brush panel

Having the mask visable would help to show what you are excluding from the adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And a alternate error is thinking a proper keyboard option (ALT) is working. 

Could be a mechanical error on the keyboard

Could be LRC preference file is corrupt

Could be a keyboard sequence is in error (not this one)

You could be adding instead of subtracting. Having the mask visable would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I makes everything and made it black and white. The subtraction is shown in color. The problem is that at one point Lightroom just randomly decides to remove the adjustment brush mask altogether. No pin anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen shot of what you are seeing. Showing the Full LR screen.

This does NOT happen on my system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines