Lightroom rip-off

New Here ,
May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So let me get this straight - I bought a personal license for Lightroom 5.7.  Now I've bought a Canon G7X Mk2. But Lightroom 5.7 (or at least ACR within it) won't recognise the .CR2 format files. So Lightroom 5.7 is now USELESS to me. Adobe says "upgrade TO V6, go to Creative Cloud, or use DNG converter". I DON'T WANT TO - I WANT YOU TO UPGRADE 5.7 SO MY LICENSE ISN'T REDUNDANT. This is just blatant profiterring by Adobe, forcing people to buy new licenses when they have perfectly good paid-for and working software that Adobe refuses to upgrade.  IT'S A CON.  I am one very discugsted user, with several hundred photos sitting useless because of your greed for profit.  I think Adobe should explain.

​[Since this is not a request for technical help, moved by moderator the the Lounge Forum.]

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

I think Adobe go way beyond what other software vendors do by making the DNG convertor available free of charge so that anyone with an older version of ACR/Lightroom can use their old software with new cameras.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please repost your feedback in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all feedback provided: Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Adobe reads everything posted there, but are rarely seen in this forum, which is primarily user-to-user and low-level technical support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
elie_di LATEST
Advocate ,
May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "So let me get this straight - I bought a personal license for Lightroom 5.7. "

No, you did not. You bought a license for Lightroom 5; the first version of which, 5.0, was released in June 2013. It was supported and updated until the final update, 5.7.1, in Dec., 2014. A year and a half, about average for Lightroom versions 1 - 5. So now, after more than another two years, you are complaining because this nearly four years old software is not being updated with new camera support - despite the fact that the DNG Converter is essentially indirect support.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines