• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom SDK: Import alternatives?

Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am developing a plug-in to automatically import photos into the catalog. It works, but I am now searching if there is a way to change LR behaviour during the actual import.

I am using LrCatalog:addPhoto, however that seems to be slow for a group of files and also always generates previews (1:1 it seems).

Is it possible to import a specific group of photos programatically? Or disable the preview generation?

I understand there are LrCatalog:triggerImportFromPathWithPreviousSettings and LrCatalog:triggerImportUI functions, but these rely on user activity or previous user settings, so they seem to be cumbersome or risky to use.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Unfortunately, catalog:addPhoto() is all we've got.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, catalog:addPhoto() is all we've got.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's unfortunate, but thank you for clarification!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines