• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom showing other Files than selected in thumbnails

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the strange problem that when i click on a picture, it wont show up. I have to switch to develop mode back an forth to make it happen. When i export a picture, it wont export selected, always first of the collection / folder... Very frustrating.

I have attached a video showing the issue. System informations also attached as help.txt

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Strange indeed. A couple things to try:

1. In Library, go to Grid view by doing the menu command View > Grid. Then restart LR.

2. Try resetting LR's preferences: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Resetting the preferences by holding shift + alt at program launch fixed the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange indeed. A couple things to try:

1. In Library, go to Grid view by doing the menu command View > Grid. Then restart LR.

2. Try resetting LR's preferences: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first, thanks a lot for your answer.
Restarting does not help, so i will try to reset the pref file - hope this will fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences by holding shift + alt at program launch fixed the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved. It's unfortunate that after all these years Adobe still hasn't fixed preferences.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines