• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom shows folders with 0 or negative counts

New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported a large number of photos into a single Lightroom folder, and on import organized them by date.  So, I initially had a main folder with X images, then a number of subfolders each containing the number of images taken on that date.  Because the dated pictures coincided with specific locations, I added "City" subfolders for each location (Venice, Florence, Rome...) and dragged the dated folder(s) to the appropriate "City subfolder". 

All of the images still appear to be there and available, but the folders now show only "0" or negative counts.

I am concerned that the photos that I have will be lost (I attempted to insert a .jpg of the screen but could not)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Your post from May 02, 2019 may seem like a long time ago. 

I recently did an update and found every folder except the lowest level showing a "0". (done year then month then day, only the day showed the number, all else was 0)

I wasn't even sure how to phrase and explain the problem.

Tried a few search phrases getting nowhere but on about my 4th try of different words came across your response.

Worked perfectly!

Thanks for such a simple solution to a problem that to me was getting quite annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photos are never lost, unless you specifically delete them or you specifically tell Lightroom to delete them and remove them from the hard disk. (And even then, you have backups, right?)

Please clarify a few things. You changed the names of the folders, but did you do this in Lightroom or in your operating system? Then you did a drag, did you do this in Lightroom or in your operating system?

(Side note: a better way and a highly recommended way to do this is to use keywords inside of Lightroom, instead of folder using names, and then you don't run into these types of problems)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, I shut down and restarted lightroom, and the

issue appears to have resolved!!

The screen shot below shows what I was seeing:

I created the subfolders and moved files within lightroom.

You can see that the folder "2019-04-16 Italy Vacation" has 2,571 photos.

The constituent subfolders showed 0 or even negative counts. If I clicked

on one of the subfolders, all of the photos appeared to be there.

I am writing this off to another ghost in the Adobe machine.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Library module, I wonder if you have the option, "Show photos in subfolders" option selected, and perhaps that is what is confusing the issue. Or, perhaps I'm not understanding the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your post from May 02, 2019 may seem like a long time ago. 

I recently did an update and found every folder except the lowest level showing a "0". (done year then month then day, only the day showed the number, all else was 0)

I wasn't even sure how to phrase and explain the problem.

Tried a few search phrases getting nowhere but on about my 4th try of different words came across your response.

Worked perfectly!

Thanks for such a simple solution to a problem that to me was getting quite annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screen shot of the LR "Folders" section looks like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, I shut down and restarted lightroom, and the

issue appears to have resolved!!

The screen shot below shows what I was seeing:

I created the subfolders and moved files within lightroom.

You can see that the folder "2019-04-16 Italy Vacation" has 2,571 photos.

The constituent subfolders showed 0 or even negative counts. If I clicked

on one of the subfolders, all of the photos appeared to be there.

I am writing this off to another ghost in the Adobe machine.....

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 10:12 AM Just Shoot Me <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines