Highlighted

lightroom slow and unstable ?

New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all , 

Tried the free 7 days of lightroom cc , and i lasted a day ?.  

The problems is it is so slooow , and crashes ?.  I normaly use lightroom 5.1.7 and it works great and fast the  problem is it does not see my nikon d500 files .and has problems with my d7100 files .?.

Why is CC so slow ?. and unstable ?. i though it would be worth the upgrade and be faster and more stable ?.  

I use a 2600 amd cpu 32g memory , all  my drives are ssd , and 6g vram on nvidea 2060 , No other program is slow or gives me any problems ?..

Anyone else having this problems ?.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

lightroom slow and unstable ?

New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all , 

Tried the free 7 days of lightroom cc , and i lasted a day ?.  

The problems is it is so slooow , and crashes ?.  I normaly use lightroom 5.1.7 and it works great and fast the  problem is it does not see my nikon d500 files .and has problems with my d7100 files .?.

Why is CC so slow ?. and unstable ?. i though it would be worth the upgrade and be faster and more stable ?.  

I use a 2600 amd cpu 32g memory , all  my drives are ssd , and 6g vram on nvidea 2060 , No other program is slow or gives me any problems ?..

Anyone else having this problems ?.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 16, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LRC)  reports it. In LRC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste into a reply. Include all info from first line down to and including plug-in info.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, on the hard drive your catalog is on, how much free space in %?

LRC needs at least 25% free space.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, slow at what?

Importing

Library mmodule

Develop module

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For performance issue in develop module.

What is your setting for Camera RAW CACHE?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike Lightroom 5.17, Lightroom CC (desktop) synces your images to the Adobe Cloud. This may explain why app is slower than Lightroom.

Strange that you write that it's unstable, ecpcially when many think it's more stable than Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020 0
oddb1ts LATEST
New Here ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,s .. Reading through the forum i see it has problems , I never added images , i just installed it and it was so slow , loading was the worst ,  When i did import a folder , it loaded the pics ok but develop crashed ?.

Tried a couple of times and gave up , uninstalled and back to 517 .

Will use DNG converter and save my money for software that works ,  FREE software works faster  more stable AND  supports latest cameras ?.  , it just has not got the smooth operation  of lightroom 517 , 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0