• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom slows and then stops responding after many HDR (3 images each) operations are performed

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After performing 50 to 60 HDR operations Lightroom stops responding.  LR slows as more HDR operations are done and then just stops responding.  Doing HDR, 3 images each, on dng files, Windows 10, 64g of memory, no other programs running, LR 9.3.  CPU usage is about 30% lots of free memory.

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the file sizes of the 3 images that  you are combining with HDR? Have you tried emptying your cache  in the Preferences > Performance tab? What is  your Camera Raw  Cache settings set at? What happens if you bump that up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cache size is set to 25G, I have not tried purging.  Thanks for the tip!

Files are DJI dng from Mavic 2 Pro,  ~ 39MB each.  The camera is 20 MB sensor, and I have not figured out why the file size is so large.  The image size as reported from LR is 5464 x 3640.  On previous versions of DJI drone cameras the file size had always matched that of the camera sensor specification.

I have also experience the same LR symptoms slowing when processing  Canon CR2 images as HDR!

I have been processing more HDR images and-

1 - I am in the Library module, not sure of previous times.

2- I have been less agressive of keeping the "tasks", queue, full.  Peviously I was keeping 3 - 4 in the queue, this time just one or two and as a result I am not experiencing the same type of slow down that I have multiple times in the past.  I suspect there is a memory fragmentation problem of the queue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines