Highlighted

Lightroom snail slow

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My lightroom is slowed down considerably. I am working with RAW files from D800. I have increased the Cache to 100GB and I create a new catalogue each time I am working on a new project. I also freezes for a few seconds when switching from a photoshop or the internet. I can't even use the brush tool. My PC is 16gb HP Envy 360 so I have enough storage space. I have cleared cache and optimized the catalogue a few times. 

Thank you

Sarah

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom snail slow

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My lightroom is slowed down considerably. I am working with RAW files from D800. I have increased the Cache to 100GB and I create a new catalogue each time I am working on a new project. I also freezes for a few seconds when switching from a photoshop or the internet. I can't even use the brush tool. My PC is 16gb HP Envy 360 so I have enough storage space. I have cleared cache and optimized the catalogue a few times. 

Thank you

Sarah

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This must be very frustrating for you.

I see your machine exceeds the Adobe Spec for a windows machine, but perhaps the number of Catalogs is becoming an issue?

It has been posted here that a single Catalog can work well providing other aspects of the software are employed to help you manage the Library.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mention brushing. But really, please tell us exactly what actions in Lightroom are slow.

Also please tell us the exact make and model of the CPU in your computer, and please tell us the size of your monitor in pixels (not inches or cm)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2020 0