• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom stopped importing jpgs

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Lightroom 5.6 on a Macbook Pro running OS Catalina 10.15.7. Ever since I did the latest Catalina update, I've been unable to import jpgs into Lightroom. I can't import jpgs from my desktop, or an external harddrive, although I CAN import raw dng files from the same locations. These are different photos - not duplicate jpg/dng's. Jpgs were taken on my iphone, and dng's on my DSLR, both now existing in the same file folder (and the folder can be seen in lightroom). The previews for the jpgs won't load, and when I try importing (even without seeing the preview), lightroom just stalls indefinitely. 

When I look for additional Adobe updates, it takes me to updates for Lightroom Classic, which is not what I'm running on my computer, and I don't want to lose all my added brush options and presets by moving to a different version of Lightroom!

Would appreciate any support!

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is not a different Lightroom. It is the latest version of the Lightroom you currently use, so upgrading would not make you lose anything.

You are trying to run an ancient application on the latest MacOS. That is asking for problems like this. This time you may be lucky. Check that you have given Lightroom permissions to access certain volumes. That is something new in Catalina, so maybe that is what is causing your current problem.

catalinasecurity.png

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I did make this permission change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of the Lr version you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using your MACOS Finder, can you copy/move  the JPEG photos to the folder you want them in for  Lightroom?

Then in Lightroom, bring up Import and select ADD, and add them to your catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines