• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Stops Building Standard Previews and Hard Drive gets Corrupted

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an issue with my Hard Drive and Lightroom. So I use a newer Macbook Pro to edit and use my 4tb Lacie drive for Lightroom to edit off. Now recently when I go and import more than 50 photos It will not build Standard Previews after about 30ish photos and stop, while I can open and go to another photo to edit it but Lightroom still is not building standard previews. Then if I try to close Lightroom it won't do it, then if it gets forcequit, then the hard drive can't be ejected and if you try to replug it back in after I turn off and on my Macbook the drive won't mount according to Disk Utility or won't attempt First Aid. Only a PC error repair on the drive seems to temporarily fix the issue. If anyone has had this issue please let me know or any tips to troubleshoot the issue I have been considering Bridge or even buying a PC laptop but I can't afford a different laptop, the main thing that is stopping me from switching is time, I need to be able to import most of the photos from a shoot or for a story in one place to get it out in a matter of an hour. Any suggestions would be helpful! I have 45,000 photos in my catalog and I can't give up on them at this moment. 

Thank you, Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are using Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom. Can you confirm which version of Lightroom you are using and what operating system you are running? You posted this in the Lightroom (cloud version) forum, not Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that I am using the newest version of Catalina and Lightroom classic 8.4.1, the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get a new external drive before it dies completely and leave you with no photos!

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I did that then I would have to go through Lacie about the warranty claim. Thanks if my issue doesn't get solved I'll a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines