Highlighted

Lightroom Sync confusion

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that Collections on my Lightroom Classic will sync to my Lightroom Mobile devices, specifically for me to Lightroom on a Windows tablet.

My problem is I now have no Collections synching, and none appear on my mobile device- which is correct.

But my Lightroom Classic shows over 5000 photos synching in "All Synced Phtographs" which do sync across devices- which i guess is good- but why are these photos syncing? They are not in collections? Have I put them on the Adobe Cloud somewhere?

temp lr file.jpg

TOPICS
Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Sync confusion

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that Collections on my Lightroom Classic will sync to my Lightroom Mobile devices, specifically for me to Lightroom on a Windows tablet.

My problem is I now have no Collections synching, and none appear on my mobile device- which is correct.

But my Lightroom Classic shows over 5000 photos synching in "All Synced Phtographs" which do sync across devices- which i guess is good- but why are these photos syncing? They are not in collections? Have I put them on the Adobe Cloud somewhere?

temp lr file.jpg

TOPICS
Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They could be photos shot with a phone or photos imported via Lightroom web or via the cloud version Lightroom 3.3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks- I removed them from the "All Synced Photos" list so all good- just dont like not knowing why, but it must habe been something I did many years ago.

Alan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few things worth noting when syncing Classic with the Adobe Cloud.

1. All Synced Photos reflects those in the cloud from whatever source.

2. Lightroom Classic is the only application that requires that an image be in a collection before they can be synced. 

3. Anything synced to the cloud will be synced back to Lightroom Classic. In other words, if Lightroom Classic is set tup to sync with the cloud, then every single photo that gets synced to the cloud from your mobile device, Lightroom web or Lightroom desktop will also be synced to Classic. There is no way to pick and choose what gets synced to Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "2. Lightroom Classic is the only application that requires that an image be in a collection before they can be synced."

There is one other possibility that images can be synced from LrC to the cloud, I only became aware of this while participating in a thread earlier this month about sync from LrC. The option can cause considerable confusion. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 7.41.58 AM.png  

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also get a lot of info about what is in "All synced photographs" using Lightroom (desktop) or Lightroom Mobile on an iPad or iPhone. Just a thought. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 8.27.42 AM.png

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0