• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Sync from Lightroom Classic is constantly stuck

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every day, I find that my Lightroom Classic Catalog is stuck syncing different photos. There never seems to be any rhyme or reason to which photos get stuck. Sometimes it is stuck deleting rejected photos that I removed from Lightroom, othertimes it is stuck syncing metadata that was changed within Lightroom. I have to constantly rebuild my Lightroom Sync Data to get the errors to clear by going into Lightroom Classic's Sync Preferences, holding down ALT and rebuilding. I have generated Sync logs and I can't make heads or tails of the data in there.

I cannot find any contact information for Adobe to open a ticket, is that even a thing? Anyways, any help would be appreciated. So far all the suggestions I have seen on this forum have only provided temporary relief as workarounds to the issue.

Ultimately, I need relaible syncing between Lightroom Cloud and Lightroom Classic, otherwise this product is useless to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add a little more information, this is running Lightroom Classic 9.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running on Windows, or MacOS? Where is your catalog located?

I've noticed recently that (in Windows) my catalog, which is in a folder that is monitored by OneDrive, ends up trying to sync the previews and changes with OneDrive while LR is trying to sync with the cloud, and sometimes it takes forever for a few photos to sync. Shutting down LR long enough for OneDrive to catch up usually fixes that for me.

I'm only speculating here, but I've noticed that LR is trying to sync, and OneDrive is trying to reconcile changes, and they are both spinning their wheels furiously. Perhaps it's a resource contention or even a race condition of who makes the updates first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar non-sync issues. I use LR on my iPhone to edit an image, open LR on my Chromebook, click on the image I had edited, it reverts back to the original/unedited image when I click it. I think there's a problem with syncs with this latest version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ swardshot, are you running LrC and Lr (cloud-based) on the same computer?

If so that is not a recommended option, it causes more problems than benefits.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines