Highlighted

Lightroom sync problems caused by TIFF files (hope this may help others).

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've been trying to track down why my library stopped syncing for some weeks now. I've had a couple of calls with adobe support, but they did not solve the problem. All my files are on my brand new mac pro, there are no missing photos, no sync problems are reported on the website, and I've removed all videos. The sync just stops working. No clues are given as to why, but I can see that LRC is no longer attempting to upload anything (when it is syncing, it show up as sending lots of data using the iStat Menus app).

I finally decided to delete everything from my online library and slowly sync my files (some 20,000) to try and discover what files stopped the syncing. It seems that some old TIFF files, which are the output of some 3rd party editing programs I used back in 2010, are the culprit. When I remove these, the syncing works fine.

This is clearly a bug, as these files show up fine in LRC. If anyone from Adobe is listening, I would be happy to provide a copy of the offending files.

Brett

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom sync problems caused by TIFF files (hope this may help others).

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've been trying to track down why my library stopped syncing for some weeks now. I've had a couple of calls with adobe support, but they did not solve the problem. All my files are on my brand new mac pro, there are no missing photos, no sync problems are reported on the website, and I've removed all videos. The sync just stops working. No clues are given as to why, but I can see that LRC is no longer attempting to upload anything (when it is syncing, it show up as sending lots of data using the iStat Menus app).

I finally decided to delete everything from my online library and slowly sync my files (some 20,000) to try and discover what files stopped the syncing. It seems that some old TIFF files, which are the output of some 3rd party editing programs I used back in 2010, are the culprit. When I remove these, the syncing works fine.

This is clearly a bug, as these files show up fine in LRC. If anyone from Adobe is listening, I would be happy to provide a copy of the offending files.

Brett

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links. (Safari users, uncheck the option Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking or use Chrome or Firefox.)

Also, upload one of the problem files to Dropbox or similar and include the sharing link in the bug report.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines