Highlighted

Lightroom synced folder

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I changed my laptop for faster workflow. My catalogue is in external hard drive. I connected it but cannot find folder in lightroom. So I sync folders assuming that all photos will be re-linked but to my surprice I lost many of those photos which I spent hours of editing in last 3 days. The client deadline is tomorrow and I am not able to find those edited photos in my lightroom. How can I get those photos back? My last back up was more than 3 days so I cannot go back to the my back up folder to use the file from backup folder. I am not able to do Ctrl+Z becuase I restarted lightroom and tried several options to get back the sync folder. Please help. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom synced folder

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I changed my laptop for faster workflow. My catalogue is in external hard drive. I connected it but cannot find folder in lightroom. So I sync folders assuming that all photos will be re-linked but to my surprice I lost many of those photos which I spent hours of editing in last 3 days. The client deadline is tomorrow and I am not able to find those edited photos in my lightroom. How can I get those photos back? My last back up was more than 3 days so I cannot go back to the my back up folder to use the file from backup folder. I am not able to do Ctrl+Z becuase I restarted lightroom and tried several options to get back the sync folder. Please help. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to tell you this, but I believe there is no way you can restore the recent (3 day) edits. My sympathies.

For important client jobs it is important to backup the catalog frequently.

The correct method you should have used is to re-link the 'missing' folders

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Adobe link)

By synchronizing the folder you have unfortunately re-imported the files and over-written your edits to those files.

Dangers of Synchronize Folder

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0.1, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Past that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

davidg36166309_0-1596504419039.png

davidg36166309_1-1596504444115.png

davidg36166309_2-1596504466782.png

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this new laptop is a MAC, then probably MACOS Catalina, outside of LrC bring up, on the MAC System Preferences, select Secirity and Privacy, select Privacy tab, scroll down to Fike and Folders, fir Lightroom Classic, make sure all media types are checked. Same for PS,

CatalinaFilesandFolderrs.PNG

see: https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your laptop runs Windows, mske sure the drive letter assigned to the external hard drive matches what the old laptop had set to.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0